Need help for problem in sending money

captainkim19
Contributor
Contributor

I want to send money to another Paypal account using my Paypal balance (USD). But whenever I try to send using the send to family and friends option, I always get the message "Sorry we weren't able to complete your transaction at this time. Please try again later." Is Paypal just down or does my account have a problem. 

I am sending US dollars and my friend's Paypal has been receiving US dollars for years. She can also receive money from other people, so I assumed the problem was on my end. I have linked a bank account to my Paypal, but I don't have a debit card linked because it wasn't accepted. Do I need to link a card first so that this transaction can go through even though I'm using Paypal balance?

Thank you in advance to anyone who answers.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Kamil77
Contributor
Contributor

Couple months ago I had the same issue. I used a different browser, device or net. You can check it.

After 2-3 days everything was fine. Why? I do not know.

Support told me it was about security reason or something.

Login to Me Too

captainkim19
Contributor
Contributor

2 to 3 days? OK, I'll wait and check again in a couple of days using a different browser, device and internet connection to see if I can finally send money. Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Kamil77
Contributor
Contributor

I received this:

"

I would like to put your mind at ease that our system is just protecting you from any high risk that it could cause you.

It appears in your records that your payment is being reviewed by our Internal Security Program most likely because the payment doesn’t fit your previous spending pattern, sending huge amount of money or the seller/recipient is located overseas. Your location and device are another great factor.

PayPal truly recognize that this payment is important for you to make and as much as possible, we wanted you to complete this commitment. But if your safety will suffer, we’d rather have it reviewed first than be at risk.

Here are the options for you to make a payment:
   •   Use a secure internet connection (avoid using public Wi-Fi connection and Virtual Private Network)
   •   Clear cache and cookies on your web browser or use a different type of browser
   •   Use a different funding source
   •   Enable Location Services
   •   Try it a later time

If none of these worked, you may need to contact the merchant and find another way to complete this payment."

Login to Me Too

captainkim19
Contributor
Contributor

Oh, I see. Thank you for this!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@captainkim19

Paypal is 'country specific' so advice often depends on what country you are in. As you have not added your country to your community profile or said in your post then we can't help at the moment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

captainkim19
Contributor
Contributor

Ah I see. I'm in the Philippines and the person I'm sending to is also in the Philippines. My Paypal account is only a week old and I haven't made any transactions prior to this, only received money once through it.

P.S. I also tried withdrawing the money to my bank account so I could pay through other methods, but it showed the same "cannot be processed at this time" message. 

Thank you!

Login to Me Too

captainkim19
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass Ah I see. I'm in the Philippines and the person I'm sending to is also in the Philippines. My Paypal account is only a week old and I haven't made any transactions prior to this, only received money once through it.

P.S. I also tried withdrawing the money to my bank account so I could pay through other methods, but it showed the same "cannot be processed at this time" message. 

Thank you!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.