Need Question Answered

Botmfeeder
Contributor
Contributor

So i purchased something and didn't expect the payment to come out when it did. I got a NSF Fee from my bank and then Paypal took care of the payment by making me -83.99. I have my paycheck coming in on Friday and today when i looked at my bank Paypal charged AGAIN to my account when i emailed and advised i would not have the funds until Friday. I have gotten ANOTHER NSF fee from my bank and paypal still charged me the 83.99 on my bank again. Once i fix this problem and removed the negitive funds from my paypal will they continue to charge me until i pay the 83.99 on top of the 83.99? Will i have to pay twice to fix this issue? I need to know ASAP

Reply from another: 

When you do not have enough funds to cover a payment, PayPal will try 2 more times to get payment. No point in telling them you'll funds on on such and such date for the system won't stop, even if you added funds to your balance because the process is automated. PayPal won't charge nsf's but your bank will/might. Your PayPal account balance will remain at minus until they can get payment. 

The thing which is confusing to me is whether the -amount means that PayPal paid the amount for you and they're trying to get the funds to cover the neg balance by trying 2 more times and when it goes through, it will square the balance out OR, they're trying to get payment for the purchase and then you'll have to add funds to square out your balance? Because yes, there are reports that the later happens you get charged twice because after the third time, PayPal uses your back up source so I wouldn't even add funds to your balance and have your back up payment method cover it. Therefore your bank will get 2 nsf's from you before PayPal finally uses your back up payment method.

QUESTION::: So i forgot to say that i did pay 30$ off of the payment and my balance is now -53$ not 83.99. Paypal covered the payment and is looking for the money. My question i am asking though is once i get payed on Friday and remove the -53$ on paypal will they still try to charge me the 83.99 again? Or will the system stop and no more payments are needed? After i payed the 30$ they still charged me 83.99 on my bank account again. This is why i am asking the question.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.