NSF: Who's problem?

GCC8
New Community Member

My first round of experiences with PayPal has been a terrible experience. First: I didn't realize a transfer and confirmation could take place if the money wasn't in the account in the first place, so I ended up with the First NSF as a more or less direct result of naivity, I suppose, as counterintuitive as it all was - what got me there was that transfers seem to take however much time they please while debit transactions happen more quickly. But it's what happened after that really blows my mind and ruins my week: I received an email from PayPal saying "We *may* attempt"the transaction again. Ok, so the heat is on: I borrowed the money to cover the cost and had my zero balance rectified within about a day of receiving that email. Had the email read like a proper warning rather than a maybe, or had it given me some kind of timeline...anyway, my transaction was confirmed nd on my bank statement the transaction shows up twice on the same day: the payment I made and the payment PayPal has taken upon themselves. I really really feel like this second bank charge of $48 dollars is not my fault at all...and guess what, I try to respond to message center emails as the automated responses suggest and receive the error, "This message hasn't sent properly". Temporarily without a phone, I've spent about four hours ready to bash my head on the keyboard to see if that gets me anywhere. Already gone to the bank - even when PayPal initiates an NSF the NSF is permanent. I'm currently in the process of moving - this one thing could literally affect a potential landlords decision. Does PayPal give a damn about this sort of thing or do they just  give themselves a pat on the back for halping my bank get an extra 96$ Based on what I see in terms of help and conveniently hard to find information on how all these actually work, I'm assuming the latter.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.