NO "CONFIRM RECEIPT" BUTTON

STEPHCHAVEZ
Contributor
Contributor

Afternoon, after dealing with useless "agents" in the message center, I've come here hoping to find a solution.

Yes, the seller clicked "Add Tracking" button in the transaction details and select an order status. Still nothing. 

As the title says, I do not have a "confirm receipt" button when i follow these steps (yes, I am on web browser): 

1. Go to www.paypal.com and log in to your account.

2. Click Activity.

3. Find and click the original payment for the item.

4. Click Confirm Receipt.

5. Click Yes to confirm that you received the order.

It is not a physical item and therefore I did not have to enter my shipping address. Maybe that is the reason behind this glitch. I've attached a screenshot showing the transaction and absence of the "confirm receipt" button.

I've also attached 2 photos showcasing a recent influx of this particular issue. Many other users are also unable to release funds to the seller because there is no "confirm receipt" button. 

Could a moderator please manually confirm that i have received the order and release the payment to the seller? Thank you.

<removed>RECENT REPORTS OF SAME ISSUERECENT REPORTS OF SAME ISSUE

SAME ISSUESAME ISSUE

@sharpiemarker @kernowlass I checked all of your previous replies to similar posts and tried everything you've previously mentioned. 

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

Shreyansh-1
Contributor
Contributor
Hey, Did you get the money now? After how long buyer was able to find out confirm receipt button? Please share your experience
Login to Me Too

dlemaire
Contributor
Contributor
After about 3 - 4 days they finally released the funds although I had already given up to the idea that it would take 30 days. I’m still clueless on what the process is and have decided to never use PayPal again. I’m using Remitly which has worked wonderful and they deposit directly into the person’s bank account within minutes for a small fee of 4.99 which I’m glad to pay for peace of mind and avoid the stress that PayPal gave me and the seller.
Login to Me Too

Mariedmd
Contributor
Contributor
No more paypal for me either. Too much stress from them holding money.
Login to Me Too

Den2ok39
Contributor
Contributor
Maybe I won't used PayPal anymore. It won't helpfully. Too much stress. Can't contact customer representative
Login to Me Too

funkypigeonn

And now this joke of a company starts their **bleep** crap again....I sell digital goods...the buyer is happy everything is complete instantly. 6 months ago the confirm receipt button was there incase of holds...SUDDENLY doesn't exist. I've been back and forth with my buyer for 2 days..they are unable to confirm receipt at all...which is quite embarrassing having to pester a buyer after the transaction and services has been complete.

What do support have to say for themselves?

Screenshot 2020-11-16 at 11.35.53.png

Basically just like any bank..they are holding my funds to lend. They decide when they want to add a confirm receipt. These **bleep** should be in jail for the fraud that commit on a daily basis. I'm cancelling my cancelling my account and doing business with Bitcoin...**bleep** these merchants are their fraudulent 'security' holds.

Login to Me Too

Dejvu
Contributor
Contributor
Yes same here me too PayPal tookmlroe than $200 from my account and I’m **bleep** the **bleep** off!!!! can’t speak to a human Representative and this is the third time that they took $200 for me
Login to Me Too

SebooZmij
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Just had same issue . Apparently its not problem on side of buyer its on seller end . Seller didnt claim Your money becouse his account is not setup to recive currency You have send to him . So if his acc is i pounds and you send Euro he has to add that currency Simple steps to solve issue Log to paypal Go to Wallet near the top of the page Click add currency Select the one You want to recive Money will apear in seconds 🙂 Hope that help it has helped me
Login to Me Too

Megs1111
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone been able to get this issue fixed? I also do not have a confirm receipt option on my end & the seller cannot get their money. No options presented are really helpful.

Login to Me Too

rmccchr
Contributor
Contributor
After a very frustrating exchange with customer support, they told me that the confirm receipt button does not appear if the transaction is deemed "risky" by the system or if it did not pass the security check. In other words, this isn't a glitch. They intentionally not let the sender confirm the transaction and intentionally not let the recipient receive the money. If this isnt a scam to hold people's money without their permission, what is it? What a bunch of thieves. So funny. The money could've grown in a proper bank or invested, or put to good use some place else. I'm never gonna use PayPal again.
Login to Me Too

Megs1111
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you. Did they tell you how/when the seller can get their money? I haven't been able to get through to customer service yet. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.