cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW SELLER ON EBAY ! HOW LONG WILL PAYPAL HOLD MY FUNDS FOR ?

SOLVED
Esteemed Advisor

Re: NEW SELLER ON EBAY ! HOW LONG WILL PAYPAL HOLD MY FUNDS FOR ?

@wiganfem

The longest its held is 21 days.

Advice is voluntarily given.
Kudos / Solution appreciated if I helped you.
Contributor

My money is held and isn't from no customer at all , not even Ebay or any social media platform can understand and tell me what reason PayPal should now hold my money, I've verified everything there is to do so they decide to LIMIT my account forever ? Really because of business practices? That's what the email said but I've refunded my 2 customers because I can't wait 6 months and my money Ebay owed me is held , can anyone explain this
Contributor

Paypal is an absolute joke we have now made 4 formal complaints about this problem, several phone calls we have been promised someone will review our account and get back to us but we have had nothing in response. We are trying to run a business on ebay we are 4 months established , have passed our ebay hold period a month ago with 100% perfect feedback and delivery times and yet paypal are still holding our incoming funds. We cannot keep fronting the postage especially abroad we are talking up to $90 to post some items and then waiting 4 weeks for our funds this is not how small businesses work, we are now going to refund everyone and close our account this is an appalling service, all we wanted was an answer as to why paypal are doing this to us and they cant even provide this or explain.

Paypal suck its the worst business banking system we have ever had the nightmare or using and has cost us our dream of starting a small shop, we are financially **bleep** now.

Contributor

My buyer has already receive the item and left a review that it’s been delivered still my money is on hold
Esteemed Advisor

@MemeMomma94 

Ebay and Paypal are 2 separate companies and have 2 separate policies for holding funds for 'new sellers'.
If yours was an Ebay transaction then its an Ebay hold and Ebay authorise when paypal can release the funds.
Feedback does not count for payment release.

Normally for Ebays hold funds are released when tracking shows the item as delivered + 3 days (if you use Ebay / paypal postage).

Info in this Ebay link below about Ebays hold.
http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/payments-and-fees/funds-availability.html

Advice is voluntarily given.
Kudos / Solution appreciated if I helped you.
Contributor

It wasn’t on eBay btw the feedback help release the money held now it’s all good. Thanks for the reply. 🙂

And all the while these millions in held money are floating somewhere generating interest that then is shared between these 2 monsters ebay and paypal, I also want my share of interest accrued over 21 days on the amount of £111, lost deals and wont be able to get what I wanted for my 36th, no disclaimers or warnings were given to me regarding this happening when I listed my 2 items. I WILL NOT BE USING EBAY DIRECTLY ANYMORE
Contributor

Hi There,

Keep In Mind This Is Only Temporarily! Once You Have Sold More Than 25 Items & Have Made More Than $250 On eBay You Will Then Be Taken Out of That Pending Program & You Will Receive Your Funds Instantly If You Have Immediate Payment On Your Sales On eBay. As For Now, This Is Just To Make Sure You Develop A Good Selling History On eBay & Become A Good Seller On eBay. Hope You Understand & I Helped As Well. Thank you!

Not so, you also have to meet the 90 day criteria and have good sales and good feedback.

Once again...this is not true.  I've made well over 25 sales (98 to be exact) on Ebay, to the tune of $2304, and Paypal is still placing a hold on my funds. Feedback score is 100% with 34 actual feedbacks and DSR score of 33 (out of 34).  Been selling for over 4 months now.   It appears to me that Paypal's decision is arbitrary...and lacks any consistency.  What criteria they use appears only to be determined in what way the wind is blowing on a particular day.