cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW SELLER ON EBAY ! HOW LONG WILL PAYPAL HOLD MY FUNDS FOR ?

SOLVED

Re: NEW SELLER ON EBAY ! HOW LONG WILL PAYPAL HOLD MY FUNDS FOR ?

I completely agree with you. I’m having a small clearout of my room & I’m expected to pay P&P at my own expense (in some cases costing me more then the item selling price) and I need to wait for the payment to come through after the buyer receives it. The most ridiculous arrangement I have yet to experience!
Contributor

I hate to say this but Ebay made a mistake on my account and owed me 900 dollars a few days ago and PayPal LIMITED my account they said forever with shipping numbers and everything they ask for I gave and sent to them and still limited my account so I refunded my 2 customers because I can't wait 180 days for my money they saying and now there keeping my money that came from Ebay not a customer at all so there is nothing to verify or anything , I would love to know how this could be done to anyone, my opinion is they can do whatever they choose because of power
New Community Member

This is pretty much what happened to me.  96 Feedback with zero negatives in the 12 years I've been a member, basically all sales were high dollar, three items for thousands of dollars, and I sell some old video games for $30 and it's held.  It can't be anything against us, just a blanket policy applied to all.  

We need a class action lawsuit. This is theft on Paypal's part. 

Contributor

Amen to not dealing with this anymore I was told to call California state general office Monday morning and BBB and I've posted it all night on social media because my money isn't from no sale and I've proven there explanation to be completely false
New Community Member

not even a new seller and they've blocked my payment. I'm not sending the goods out unless they pay.  Why should I?

We need a class action lawsuit. This is theft on Paypal's part. 

Contributor

Paypal have put my funds on hold,feedback has been left by customer ebay today,should they release my money straight away? 

Esteemed Advisor

@Gasfit60

Ebay and Paypal are 2 separate companies and have 2 separate policies for holding funds for 'new sellers'.
If yours was an Ebay transaction then its an Ebay hold and Ebay authorise when paypal can release the funds.
Feedback does not count for payment release.

Normally for Ebays hold funds are released when tracking shows the item as delivered + 3 days (if you use Ebay / paypal postage).

However as you haven't said what country you are in I can't give you the link with more info.

Advice is voluntarily given.
Kudos / Solution appreciated if I helped you.
Contributor

Please help me with my issue. I sold an item ,ok i dont sell much and accept that ebay put a hold. They issue is they told me, that once i uploaded tracking and it was shown as delivered they would release the funds and imwould have them within 24 hours. That should have been 25 August. It was not available. contacted ebay, they said released so contact paypal, this happened to and fro about 6 times. They suggested a three way call.  Did this, ebay said there is a bug and i should allow another 24/48 hours. That was 27 August. Still not cleared, emails and chats again, ebay say released its paypal, paypal say they didnt receive the release info and cant release manually as ebay took the option away. This backwards and forwards again and again. So basically lot of money, delivery proved, ebay hold, paypal say cant release ebay say they have and paypal should do it. Where does this leave me? indefinate time with no funds.