NEW SELLER ON EBAY ! HOW LONG WILL PAYPAL HOLD MY FUNDS FOR ?

kimbobs
Contributor
Contributor

I am a new seller on ebay and have just set up a paypal account to manage my transactions only to find that paypal are gonna hold my money because i am a new customer , why do they do this and how long will they hold my money for ?? some pls help 

Login to Me Too
136 REPLIES 136

Pokis
Contributor
Contributor

Another fake paypal
Trading user money without their consent

100,000 users sold something for 50 pounds each of them 100,000x50 pounds money frozen for a few days
how much does paypal earn in %

Login to Me Too

Trevtw
Contributor
Contributor

My item sold on eBay 20th October ,the winning bidder received & left a very good feedback & I am still unpaid , I’m now concerned adding new items if I am out of pocket .

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Trevtw 

Ebay and Paypal are 2 separate companies and have 2 separate policies for holding funds for 'new sellers'.

If yours was an Ebay transaction then its an Ebay hold and Ebay authorise when paypal can release the funds.
Feedback does not count for payment release.

Normally for Ebays hold funds are released when tracking shows the item as delivered + 1 days (if you use Ebay / paypal postage).

Info in this Ebay link below about Ebays hold.
http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/payments-and-fees/funds-availability.html

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Awright2020
Contributor
Contributor

Iv been with Ebay 237 days I buy and sell actively personally Have 77 star score by my ebay name over 132 positive feedback's above seller score...over $600 in sales  no returns no bad score no problems what so ever for refunds and I still have held funds seems like anything over $12.99 is held anything under $12.00 is not held...So I am beyond lost 

Login to Me Too

Fletcher2
How am I able to access my money straight away
Login to Me Too

NS55
Contributor
Contributor
I sold 4 items in October. Two were paid and 2 I have not been paid for. I sent tracking and got one feedback and no issues with the other sale. EBay says the hold is not on their end. My husband said they must be holding no eyes to gain interest. I'm new to selling after a while, but next week will be 2 months. I lost my job due to covid shutdowns. I need the money. The assistant online help is worthless for ebay and PayPal. It doesn't grasp the problem.
Login to Me Too

Temp20210417g
Yes it is frustrating to see the money sitting there on hold, especially when I need it for things. As a single mom I sell on multiple platforms to make a few extra bucks. What I can say is this-Poshmark, Mercari, and even Facebook marketplace all put a hold on your money either until the item is received or for 2-3 weeks. It’s really inconvenient but if you just keep selling things steadily eventually you will hit the point where you have money being released regularly. I feel like if anything they could release it as soon as tracking shows it has been sent. Because eBay, PayPal, and even banks offer purchase protection if it’s not as described. I also think they should release the shipping amount immediately. There have been a lot of times I did not have the money in my own pocket to cover shipping and I had to wait til I got paid or got child support before I could send it. And that messes up my seller rating because normally I try to ship same or next day! They definitely need to revamp this policy.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.