NEW SELLER ON EBAY ! HOW LONG WILL PAYPAL HOLD MY FUNDS FOR ?

kimbobs
Contributor
Contributor

I am a new seller on ebay and have just set up a paypal account to manage my transactions only to find that paypal are gonna hold my money because i am a new customer , why do they do this and how long will they hold my money for ?? some pls help 

Login to Me Too
136 REPLIES 136

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tyler48 

Feedback no longer counts for payment release with Ebays policy hold.

Its released when tracking shows the item as delivered + 1 day OR 21 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

deanlampe
New Community Member

This is pretty much what happened to me.  96 Feedback with zero negatives in the 12 years I've been a member, basically all sales were high dollar, three items for thousands of dollars, and I sell some old video games for $30 and it's held.  It can't be anything against us, just a blanket policy applied to all.  

Login to Me Too

sdrumsj
Contributor
Contributor

We need a class action lawsuit. This is theft on Paypal's part. 

Login to Me Too

No1KingEdward
Contributor
Contributor

I am absolutely going to sue these horrible companies (PayPal and eBay)...I followed all the criteria to have my funds released "Within 24 hours" of items being received by the buyer...confirmed by the tracking number, signed delivery, and positive feedback from buyer...have called eBay and PayPal every day since the 12th (delivery date) and each company blames the other for not having the "correct" information. They won't call each other to investigate...my attempts to conference call failed every time (they couldn't hear each other very well)...it is now the 21st...item was paid for by the buyer on the 9th, item shipped on the 9th with tracking information uploaded (had to have been since I printed out the label via the eBay site), delivered and signed for on the 12th, eBay says they released the funds on the 12th so funds should have been released within 24 hours(that's what the eBay site says and PayPal site...I was told, however, that it's actually AFTER 24 hours...not WITHIN...but nobody cares that there's a misprint for millions to read and be misinformed with) But none of this even matters because my funds are still on hold...literally every day they tell me "24 hours"...I am so fed up with these DBags I can barely stand living...it's not a small amount... we're talking $800!!!! I've had to borrow money because of this hold and promises to payback have been broken day after day for a week...now nobody believes me and I have been labeled a "liar" by friends and family...nobody believes that these two horrible companies could be this horrible...but they are...even my son and best friend don't believe me....I ran out of food three days ago...probably lost 20 lbs...I'm considering killing myself because of these terrible, horrible, evil companies. I am sorry if I don't reply...I probably ended it all...Goodbye, cruel companies...guess you'll keep my funds forever...

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@No1KingEdward 

New seller hold, doesn't last long but every new seller goes through it.

Best to sell lots of small items quickly until you qualify for no holds and then once you don't have the hold sell more expensive items.

Funds are released when tracking shows delivery + 3 days BUT that is not guaranteed as per link below.

https://www.paypal.com/us/brc/article/funds-availability

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

No1KingEdward
Contributor
Contributor

Guaranteed or not...I have fulfilled ALL the criteria to have my funds released...ebay says the funds have been released!!!! They won't talk to each other...they just stick me in the middle and pay the price for their complete incompetence.

You know and they all know it is absolute BullCrap!!!! 

If you want to help anyone out, don't just type out rebuttals, contact the powers that be and get my funds released...I have positive feedback from the buyer...per your own little chart, that's cause for Immediate release!

Swear to God that if I don't get my funds today, ya'll will pay heavily in the long run....ohhh....I'm sure you're scared....huh?

Login to Me Too

Keisha4366
Contributor
Contributor
Amen to not dealing with this anymore I was told to call California state general office Monday morning and BBB and I've posted it all night on social media because my money isn't from no sale and I've proven there explanation to be completely false
Login to Me Too

artichoke71
New Community Member

not even a new seller and they've blocked my payment. I'm not sending the goods out unless they pay.  Why should I?

Login to Me Too

sdrumsj
Contributor
Contributor

We need a class action lawsuit. This is theft on Paypal's part. 

Login to Me Too

Gasfit60
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal have put my funds on hold,feedback has been left by customer ebay today,should they release my money straight away? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.