NEW SELLER ON EBAY ! HOW LONG WILL PAYPAL HOLD MY FUNDS FOR ?

kimbobs
Contributor
Contributor

I am a new seller on ebay and have just set up a paypal account to manage my transactions only to find that paypal are gonna hold my money because i am a new customer , why do they do this and how long will they hold my money for ?? some pls help 

Login to Me Too
136 REPLIES 136

MemeMomma94
Contributor
Contributor
It wasn’t on eBay btw the feedback help release the money held now it’s all good. Thanks for the reply. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Anra83
And all the while these millions in held money are floating somewhere generating interest that then is shared between these 2 monsters ebay and paypal, I also want my share of interest accrued over 21 days on the amount of £111, lost deals and wont be able to get what I wanted for my 36th, no disclaimers or warnings were given to me regarding this happening when I listed my 2 items. I WILL NOT BE USING EBAY DIRECTLY ANYMORE
Login to Me Too

MJHamiltonEBSX2
Contributor
Contributor

This is NOT a solution - but does seem to accurately review and convey what they're getting away with on new / slow sellers - and especially transactions on normal buy/sell context - anything over $750 - the policy states it is in place to protect the sellers.

NOTE: Your Seller Agreement, as does PayPal's notes / posts for help - on eBay transactions - or ANY sales transactions - do NOT EVERY SHIP BEFORE GETTING PAID.

As of the date of my post, eBay had in escrow - and investment accounts via PayPal - over 14,000 registered new / rare seller's monies - in which - under FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) - we were able to confirm - an account that is high investment - earning a large amount of investment monies - on the money invested.

WHAT AN EXCELLENT RIP OFF TACTIC BY ANY MERCHANT IN THE UNITED STATES. You must admit... It is GENIUS !!! - but highly unethical - if not yet nefarious / illegal.

STILL - BE FOR WARDED-DO NOT EVERY - ship your merchandise before getting paid. This HOLD on your money - makes them money - and I lost over $6,000 in vintage stereo sales where this final non-receipt complaint resulted in PayPal refunding the sale - EVEN AFTER - I provided the tracking number, and literal current location of the package - which both times - UPS NOTED: THey're waiting on the package to be retrieved in Customs - because the Shipper (UPS) - does not deliver to such a remote location in that region. In both cases, I had signed confirmation of this - but disregarding the facts, PayPal had to honor the issue at hand: THere was a non-receipt of receiving the package - even though the buyer KNEW they had to pick it up - they filed this. In fairness to all - PayPal did refund - and in 12 hours of that notification - each seller got to Customs and snatched up their packages. On the 3rd event, working with Customs - the buyer was caught, charged, and in France, sentenced to 3 years in prison for the fraud. Now - 13 years later - eBay has a NEW POLICY? Just be very careful sellers, this policy is making PayPal - subsequently FLEE BAY - 10's of 1,000's every 7 business days - in INTEREST PAYMENTS - on YOUR MONEY - they say you have been paid - but never see - unless - UNLESS - you're willing to ship over a grand worth of stuff before getting paid. This is nefarious beyond words... Sorry - it is, what it is....

Login to Me Too

Bee74
It's happening to me now and I'm not a new seller! I just haven't sold anything on ebay for a while. But I have a 100% positive feedback. I have 2 payments on hold. Ridiculous.
Login to Me Too

MrHunter773
I sold an engine to someone. They sent money through PayPal. There’s a hold. He sent feedback and show me the text which shows paypal asking him if he sent the money to me. He text back yes. And it said they marked the transaction as authorized. When should I expect the hold to come off?
Login to Me Too

EloisePomroy
New Community Member

Hiya,

So say the buyer doesn't leave feedback, and therefore the money is on hold in my account for the whole 21 days' after that does the money go into my PayPal or not? 

Login to Me Too

Kiddryan9
New Community Member
To say this is for buyers or sellers protections is absolute garbage fed by the PayPal / eBay machine. They make money by you losing sales. They collect their fees, while new sellers lose sales due to their excessive holds. We charge a shipping fee in order to (blank)....? Yes, correct. So we may ship the item. But then, PayPal and/or Ebay (whoever you want to blame here, doesn't matter, same company that is an illegal monopolized e-commerce company to begin with) hold your money until after confirmed delivery for all new sellers...wait....what? Yes, your customer did just pay for shipping. No, you will not be able to access those funds in order to ship. Yes, your customer will be **bleep** and ask for a refund. No, PayPal and Ebay do not care, this is their bread and butter. This is their scam. Paypal is literally just an online money holder company. They hold your money for an obscene amount of time causing you to lose customers. Don't worry though, they still collect their fees, the customer will be refunded, and you will be back to square one. So you better wait until you have more money before you try to sell through the cornered market they have created. Because you need money in order for them to holder you money, and return you money weeks later...but it's for your protection and the buyers protection... Really because they have said this for so long you people actually believe the lie and forget they are breaking laws. There are laws against this sort of thing outlined through the FTC & SEC. IF YOU ORDER SOMETHING THAT DOES NOT ARRIVE, THEN YOU CONTACT YOUR BANK OR CREDIT CARD PROVER, IT IS EASIER, AMD ITS THEIR LEGAL OBLIGATION TO YOU AS YOUR BANKING INSTITUTION.....It is not the money holders civic duty to protect you from this....it's not even their problem nor do they care, they just want your money for being a middle man...just like.... Ebay...quit giving into the lie and calm them what they are. Thieves.
Login to Me Too

A_TeaMz
Contributor
Contributor

Hi There,

Keep In Mind This Is Only Temporarily! Once You Have Sold More Than 25 Items & Have Made More Than $250 On eBay You Will Then Be Taken Out of That Pending Program & You Will Receive Your Funds Instantly If You Have Immediate Payment On Your Sales On eBay. As For Now, This Is Just To Make Sure You Develop A Good Selling History On eBay & Become A Good Seller On eBay. Hope You Understand & I Helped As Well. Thank you!

Login to Me Too

creesiekay
Not so, you also have to meet the 90 day criteria and have good sales and good feedback.
Login to Me Too

Once again...this is not true.  I've made well over 25 sales (98 to be exact) on Ebay, to the tune of $2304, and Paypal is still placing a hold on my funds. Feedback score is 100% with 34 actual feedbacks and DSR score of 33 (out of 34).  Been selling for over 4 months now.   It appears to me that Paypal's decision is arbitrary...and lacks any consistency.  What criteria they use appears only to be determined in what way the wind is blowing on a particular day.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.