NEW SELLER ON EBAY ! HOW LONG WILL PAYPAL HOLD MY FUNDS FOR ?

kimbobs
Contributor
Contributor

I am a new seller on ebay and have just set up a paypal account to manage my transactions only to find that paypal are gonna hold my money because i am a new customer , why do they do this and how long will they hold my money for ?? some pls help 

Login to Me Too
136 REPLIES 136

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hrhvickysing

Great, less competition for the rest of us sellers that have been through the hold and understood that as it was for buyer protection we did not mind.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Hrhvickysing
Contributor
Contributor
Whatever. 🙄
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hrhvickysing

Yep   Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

No1KingEdward
Contributor
Contributor

kernowlass...with an emphasis on the **bleep** part I **bleep**.ume....

Nice comment ...great that's just less competition for the rest who went through the hold and understood why...

we understand why but when all other criteria are met for immediate or even the 3 days and the funds are still not available...well...kerowlASS...THAT'S JUST NOT ACCEPTABLE NOR UNDERSTANDABLE ...IT'S F'N WRONG!!!!

Login to Me Too

texasguysupply
Contributor
Contributor

I agree I'm going through this as well what if the buyer is new and full of **bleep**

Login to Me Too

SamanthaDe
Contributor
Contributor

Right? How are we supposed to ship the item if they are holding the shipping fees as well. 

Login to Me Too

temp201903281n
New Community Member

Don't worry!

When you FINALLY get the money that YOU EARNED for YOUR goods... Paypal will promptly put another delay on actually handing over the 'available' funds. Rest assured though, because it's a 'standard business practice.' Don't like it? Too bad. Don't use paypal then.

Login to Me Too

Rima30
I completely agree with you. I’m having a small clearout of my room & I’m expected to pay P&P at my own expense (in some cases costing me more then the item selling price) and I need to wait for the payment to come through after the buyer receives it. The most ridiculous arrangement I have yet to experience!
Login to Me Too

Keisha4366
Contributor
Contributor
I hate to say this but Ebay made a mistake on my account and owed me 900 dollars a few days ago and PayPal LIMITED my account they said forever with shipping numbers and everything they ask for I gave and sent to them and still limited my account so I refunded my 2 customers because I can't wait 180 days for my money they saying and now there keeping my money that came from Ebay not a customer at all so there is nothing to verify or anything , I would love to know how this could be done to anyone, my opinion is they can do whatever they choose because of power
Login to Me Too

Tyler48
Hey so if I get my buyer to give me good feedback is that me sorted I should get the money in a few days
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.