My savings account li

Arnel_Gallinero
New Community Member

hi there, 

I would just like to ask for help, thank you in advance!. I linked my savings account to my paypal account but it appeared to be checking account into my Paypal. My cousin will about to send me money today. Can i still withdraw that to my savings account even though it was labeled as checking? thank you 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

_Darwin_
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Arnel_Gallinero 

I hope all is well. Thank you for letting us know of your concern. The correct account type must be indicated to avoid any possible issues. You may remove and re-add the bank account instead so you can indicate the correct account type.

Kind regards,

Login to Me Too

JCR12
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @_Darwin_

My name is John, and I have the same situation. I tried removing and re-adding bank account but there is no option for you to choose what type of account. It only asks your BANK ISSUER, BANK CODE, & ACCOUNT NUMBER.  If you could give us a link where we could choose savings as a type of account it would be very much appreciated. 

PLEASE HELP thanks!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @JCR12

Thanks for posting about this. 

The type of bank added is generally donated by your bank. Whether you use a savings or checking account shouldn't matter as long as your bank accepts withdrawals to these accounts. That is an important one to check with your bank as a lot of banks will not allow money to be received by transfer to a savings account. 

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.