My money was on hold for a month and today it was canceled?!

Thomasroot
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. I sold an item through eBay to a gentleman who paid promptly. The payment sat on hold in my PayPal for a month (I assume because I just moved to the UK and he paid in pounds so it got put on hold.) PayPal said the estimated availability date was yesterday, 28 February. I logged in this morning and the payment is marked canceled! My balance is still zero and I have no money now! What do I do? Why did PayPal take my money??

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Thomasroot 

Click on the transaction. Any info about why it was canceled?

What did you recall about the payment?

Was it really an eBay funds availability hold for 21 days and that you have to add tracking into the transaction on eBay or PayPal can confirm delivery and release funds sooner or ask buyer to confirm delivery? 

Was it an eCheck payment and the payment didn't clear and failed or the sender canceled it?

Or, if the payment was in the Pending section of your account activity, with Unclaimed status for 30 days, it'll be canceled automatically and returned to sender

Also check your eBay account for any information about the payment, too.

To  contact customer service for further assistance:

1. Log on.
  2. Click HELP at the top menu.
  3. Scroll down and click CONTACT US.
  4. Scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Or contact eBay customer service from this page if you sold via eBay US:

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/service-and-payments/funds-availability.html

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Thomasroot
Contributor
Contributor
It was in pending for 30 days and there was no option to claim it. It was just sitting there. I uploaded shipping info and the buyer left me a positive review on eBay. What do I do now?!
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Thomasroot 

Please contact eBay (click Help & Contact on the eBay link above) or PayPal customer service as per instructions above.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.