My money is on hold

levankvan
Contributor
Contributor

Good day everyone! 

I live in a country called Republic of Georgia and my friend who lives in Washington send me money for graphic design service. That was my first time on Paypal and when I receive money. I could't transfer to my credit card because money is on hold. I also have my address linked to my account. It's been a third day that my money is on hold/ what to do ? 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@levankvan

Your money is on hold because you are a new seller/user so is subject to the 21 day PayPal hold. If you provided the service, click "Add tracking" and update the order status. After that, ask the client to confirm the completion of order on their end to release the funds, otherwise you'll need to wait the full 21 days. Every time you receive funds, you must do this until PayPal is satisfied with your performance as a seller and release you from the hold program. Note that even though the funds are released to you, the client at anytime within 180 days, could file a dispute on the payment.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

levankvan
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much. but I don't get it what does a tracking mean? I've added my address, city and etc. Should I add something else? Also I've refunded money and my friend sent money again but he mentioned Europe instead U.S ( because I live in Europe) and money wasn't on hold. So I think it's because of region maybe? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.