My money is on hold

Zoomlenz
Contributor
Contributor
I have recieve 1100 dollars from a company as I write blogs. They require an invoice to be sent to them with the "Quantity" format to list all the blogs, word count, and the price that we agreed on, for confirmation purposes. Paypal now has the money on hold as they think I have shipped a physical product, and require me to provide a tracking number from a courier service which is not possible. How do I recieve my money as it will be unheld in a month(I cannot wait this long)?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Zoomlenz

Its down to how the payment was SENT to your account.

1. If they sent using money > goods / services option then paypal would see you as a seller and apply the new seller hold. They would also charge you a fee.

2. If they had sent using the send money > family / friends option then you would have had the payment instantly. (However that option is not available in every country).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Zoomlenz,

Thank you for your post. The information that @kernowlass gave is correct, but I do want to clarify one point. If you're being paid for a service or intangible item, you should still only be accepting payments for those items or services as goods/services payments. I just wanted to make sure that the information given did not result in the wrong impression regarding what should be done next.

If you respond to the request for tracking by designating the service as shipped, this will open up the opportunity for the buyer to confirm receipt of the service or intangible item.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.