My money has been pending for 5 days now

Bothudadro
New Community Member

I received funds from my stepmother, and they've been pending for 5 days. I can't access them at all and I needed it 4 days ago.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bothudadro 

If they are SHOWING in your paypal account but pending in your balance then..........

Its down to how the payment was SENT to your account.

1. If they sent using money > goods / services option then paypal would see you as a seller and apply the new seller hold. They would also charge you a fee.

2. If they had sent using the send money > family / friends option then you would have had the payment instantly. (However that option is not available in every country).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bothudadro 

If they are SHOWING in your paypal account but pending in your balance then..........

Its down to how the payment was SENT to your account.

1. If they sent using money > goods / services option then paypal would see you as a seller and apply the new seller hold. They would also charge you a fee.

2. If they had sent using the send money > family / friends option then you would have had the payment instantly. (However that option is not available in every country).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michelle

Hi @Bothudadro!

@kernowlass is absolutely correct that it depends on how your stepmother sent you the money. Since it is your stepmother sending it, it really should have been sent to you as a personal payment (if she is located in a country where personal payments are an option). Seeing that you are in the US, I know that you can both send and receive them.

In kernowlass' first scenario and if your step mother can send personal payments, then the best option would be to refund the payment and ask that she re-send it to you as a personal payment. This will also reverse the fee since the payment is not a sale of goods or services. 

In the second scenario, if she sent it to you as a personal payment and it is still pending, you may need to contact our customer service to look into it for you because kernowlass is also correct in that it should be instant. The one exception would be if she sent an echeck which takes a 3 to 5 of business days to complete. Monday was a bank holiday here in the US so if your stepmother sent an echeck, that would cause another day's wait. 

I hope this helps and thank you for joining the Community!

Michelle

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.