My giveaway money is on hold, and I don’t know what to do!

PanRenYT
New Community Member

Hi, I just won a giveaway. The person that hosted the giveaway PayPal me the money, but it says that it is on hold. It says that I must deliver something first then only the money will be released, but this is not a delivery, this is a giveaway. Please help me, I don’t know what to do…

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PanRenYT 

https://www.paypal.com/my/smarthelp/article/my-payment-is-on-hold.-why-is-this-happening-faq3297?app...

Sadly as you don't have the friends/family option to receive gifts of money in your country, then all payments are sent as per goods/services and you are seen as a seller. Read the above link.

Then >>>

Mark the transaction as processed then the buyer or sender may have the option on their account to mark the transaction as delivery/satisfied. If the buyer or sender confirms this by clicking on the "Confirm Receipt" button, funds may be released sooner ie 7 days after the buyer or sender verifies receipt. This is not always available or guaranteed. 
If not then sadly its 21 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.