My girlfriend can't receive the money I sent because it's on hold.

Jaii1400
New Community Member

So today December 10th 2019 I sent money to my girlfriend. An amount of $386 was received and put on hold for whatever reason. I have been reading other comments from the community about eBay and tracking number and whatever else. My girlfriend is not a seller and he has no affiliates with eBay. I don't really understand and I just want some support because I will be flying to her in the States in 2 weeks and I would love to know what's going to happen to the money I sent her if she is not a seller with eBay. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Jae

Hi @Jaii1400,

I'm sorry to hear the funds you sent to your girlfriend were held. It sounds like you may have sent the payment as goods and service instead of friends and family. Once the transaction is initiated, the funding source or type of payment sent cannot be changed. She will either have to wait for the funds to become available, or she may refund the payment back to you so you can re-send it. I hope this helps.

- Jae

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.