My debit card aka Visa card is getting denied when I try to link my card?

InkPlush
New Community Member

When I tried to pay from my preferred payment selection,

It says “Card is being denied, please try another card.”

I contacted my bank aka CIBC.. they said that it was technical issues with paypal-

nothing is wrong with my card?

but they said it was paypal? how do I fix this??

😞 I live in Canada- and saw an post who had the same issue???

and we ain’t getting replies on why our card isn’t working now??

I tried to relink my card and nothing is happening...

even tried in a few mins too..

still in denying my card to link.. 😞

can someone please help me and PayPal please fix your issues please..

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

IvanKostamo
Contributor
Contributor

I am getting the same problem here. I am also in Canada. I'm with Scotiabank but nonetheless, it proves the issue is with PayPal, not the bank. I called today my bank and they tell me everything is in order on their end. I hope to get this resolved ASAP as I have an eBay purchase that is pending. I don't want to keep the seller waiting.

Login to Me Too

Gomeira
Contributor
Contributor
I accidentally removed my Visa card and I cannot relink it to my PayPal account
Login to Me Too

BinaraKing
Contributor
Contributor

I've been having this issue too! It needs to be resolved ASAP as I have a seller waiting on me to purchase with PayPal.

Login to Me Too

IvanKostamo
Contributor
Contributor

So I called my bank again with more questions and they tell me something that will definitely help some of us. Sort of. So here's what has been going on, for at least those using Scotiabank, there appears to have been a server disorder since around September and it has finally hit us. The server I am talking about is the one that connects the card linking service to other websites, such as PayPal, eBay, Amazon, etc. I don't know when it will be restored, but that's what they told me. A very useful piece of knowledge for some of us. Now we know where the problem possibly lies.

Login to Me Too

Gomeira
Contributor
Contributor
Relink my Visa card to PayPal accoun
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.