My credit card was added to another account without my consent

Fairy2
Contributor
Contributor

I just discovered that my credit card has been added to another account, no transaction has been made or anything just added to another account that I don't know there was no transaction made because I didn't get the validation code on my bank portal so what can I do to get back my credit card and add it to my own account

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Fairy2,

I'm very sorry to hear that a card was used without your consent. There are two things that you should do to protect yourself.

First, please call PayPal to discuss the card safely over the phone. Just click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website and then Call us. You can select to log in for the number, or call as a guest without logging in. You would give the representative the card number and they can find the account that used the card and investigate it for fraudulent behavior. The possibility exists that the card number was mistyped and it was an honest mistake, but if there is any other activity that's concerning, it's best that we know about it. Your report could help save others from being victimized.

Then, you should contact your card issuer to have the card number canceled. If the card information is compromised, you do not want to continue allowing that number to be used. If the person using it is a fraudster, they could use it even outside of PayPal, and only canceling the card would protect you. The card issuer can issue a new card associated with the same account, and that card could be added to your PayPal account once it arrives.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.