My credit card is always declined

Mosha101
Contributor
Contributor

I live in Egypt and my credit card is issued here by a bank in Egypt and it's been with me for years and u use it all the time and everything is fine and I didnt exceed my limit at all I always pay my dues but everytime I try to use it in Paypal it got declined just for no reason and I contacted my bank and they told your credit is just fine and working and the issue should be discussed with paypal not with us cause your card and your account have no issues . I'm confused what the hell is happening and why is it always declined?????

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mosha101

If you've tried to add your card to your PayPal account, but received an error message, it may be because:

• Your card has previously been added to 2 different PayPal accounts. If your card has been added to 2 different PayPal accounts in the past, it cannot be added to a third.
  • You entered an incorrect billing address. What to do: Check your card statement to ensure you're entering the correct address.
  • You linked your card to your PayPal account, but entered the card security code (CSC) incorrectly 3 times. What to do: Call us. We can help you finish linking your card.
  • Your card company did not accept the $1 temporary authorisation charge sent by PayPal when you attempted to add the card. What to do: Call your card issuer to find out why they are rejecting the authorisation from PayPal. After they resolve the issue, try adding your card agai

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Mosha101
Contributor
Contributor
My card was added just fine and the temporary 1$ validation went successfully and I got an SMS from the bank confirming that. It's about paying with the credit everytime I do the payment gets declined with no reason except for the error message your card was declined and that's it. It's all happening at the time of payment.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.