My bank account has been disabled by PayPal due to a deposit error. Help?

Wyv
Contributor
Contributor

In order to link my bank account to PayPal, I have to confirm two small deposits made by PayPal to my bank account for security reasons. Due to a lack of reading and being excited for getting PayPal for the first time, I failed to confirm the two deposits, thinking that one of the deposits was both of them in one. Due to this, my bank has been disabled and I can no longer link it to PayPal.

Customer service has been of no help whatsoever, asking me to call a number I cannot call. The reason for this is that I am not located in the US, so I cannot call any US numbers without an international plan (to my knowledge) - something I do not have.

Some help would be appreciated.. what do I do?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Is it allowing you to remove the bank account so that you can start over?

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Wyv
Contributor
Contributor

It is not, no. It's not registering the fact that I tried to link a bank account before. Every time I try to relink it, it says "We are not able to process your request. Please try again later."

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
I'm not quite clear. So it did let you remove it, but now you can't add it back? Or it won't even let you remov eit?

Try clearing your browser cache/cookies, or trying in a different browser you don't typically use.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Wyv
Contributor
Contributor

Here's the thing.

I tried to link it once. It asked me to confirm it by typing in the amount that was deposited to my bank account by PayPal. When I failed to fill in the correct amount, it disabled my bank. The linking was never fully finished, and because of this, I don't have - or ever had - a bank account linked to my PayPal account.

Login to Me Too

Wyv
Contributor
Contributor
Neither of those solutions worked, by the way.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.