My Paypal Balance option is not showing

Anwaar
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I am new on Paypal after creating an account I confirmed my email, phone and add successfully my bank and also confirm that but in my PayPal account balance option is not showing anywhere where I see my current balance?

Login to Me Too
24 REPLIES 24

Jodtris
I'm having the same problem. Only I haven't been receiving funds from friends. I was loading excess cash onto this card to save up for things I want. When I checked a month ago, it said I had x-amount. I checked today and there's no activity and no balance. It's like I somehow lost all my saved up funds.
Login to Me Too

Harlemmermaid2
Contributor
Contributor
Im currently experiencing both these issues, how can i revolve this? I have cash sent to me, but its not showing on PayPal cash balance
Login to Me Too

insas
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Just showed up. After 3.5hrs
Login to Me Too

Villafealonzo
Contributor
Contributor
Same here i did recieved paid payment but it doesnt show on my paypal balance
Login to Me Too

Gee50

Up to around mid 2019, it was possible to view my Paypal balance at the end of each transaction. I will give a concrete example for those like Anwan, who misunderstood the issue: (I am not including fees in my example, as the issue is not fees, it is BALANCE NOT SHOWING.

Say your balance after receiving £10.00 on your p/pal account is £50.

You then receive another payment for £100. Your balance used to show at the end of each transaction, in this example, after the payment of £100 your balance is then showing at £150 (less fees if fees are applicable).

You buy something for £20. The balance at the end of the purchase should be displayed as £130 etc  etc   up  to your last transaction.

THINGS HAVE CHANGED SINCE A FEW MONTHS AND HERE IS AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT YOU GET ON YOUR PAYPAL BALANCE, DESPITE CHOOSING ON THE DROP DOWN MENU THAT YOU WANT "ACTIVITY    I N C L U D I N G    BALANCE" :

With the same activity example as above, this is what you will see on your paypal statement:

Say your balance after receiving £10.00 on your p/pal account is £50.

You then receive another payment for £100. Your balance does not show that your a/c is £150 in credit. It shows the £100 payment and instead of the balance at the end of that transaction of £100, you see a drop down menu asking you to "DISPATCH" or "ARCHIVE" or "REFUND". 

THE MAIN BALANCE ON YOUR ACCOUNT, CALCULATED BY PAYPAL AND UNVERIFIABLE BY YOURSELF, shows £150.

Paypal assumes they do not make mistakes and that we should trust their final general balance seen on the left top corner of the activity page! I have to correct this statement, as on several occasions, there were discrepancies on the fees applied (when an Ebay transaction was cancelled and since Ebay and Paypal are separated entities now, the fees were 'omitted'. And a few more occasions over the last 10 years that I have joined P/pal. I always checked that the credit Paypal promised to refund to redress their mistake, was actually refunded, by checking line by line all my transactions and compared it with their balance at the end of each transaction. This is disabled at present, and we have no means to verify whether Paypal is the only infaillible bank!!!! as they claim. This is against our right to have access to information as we are entitled to with any bank in the UK. 

I have taken my complaint to Paypal, who replied in my 'Message Center' that they have been looking into this (balance not showing) and that the case is closed as I am satisfied with this decision. It is incredible how Paypal patronises us and have the audacity to put words in my mouth, stipulating that I am 'satisfied' with the outcome. What outcome? This was ten days ago and nothing has been done not just to MY satisfaction, but to 666 people as at 3rd March 2021, to rectify this error, if error it is, or is it a tactic to blind us as to what they are doing with our money? 70p here, 20p there etc...

Multiplied by millions of customers chosen at random, this is nice big income in Paypal's pocket.

I am building up a file for the regulator, submit a private complain to the Financial Ombudsman and to Paypal's headquarters in Luxembourg, 22-24 Boulevard Royal, Luxembourg L-2449.

Paypal (Europe) considers a complaint is "any oral or written expression of dissatisfaction, whether justified or not, from, or on behalf of, a person about the provision of, or FAILURE TO PROVIDE SERVICE, which alleges that the complainant has suffered (or may suffer) financial loss, material distress or material INCONVENIENCE. In my case I have and still suffering all of these. I am currently checking with my accountant, a double payment taken from my visa card, which is duplicated as minus on my Paypal transaction, of course not showing the balance at the end of this transaction means calculations have to be done far back into the last 'trusting' balance if you have a print out of it!

In addition to voicing your complaint here, which will take you nowhere (in my opinion), I may be wrong, we shall see, write to Luxembourg and submit a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman simultaneously. I have done so with the latter copying them with my evidence, and the same file is going next week to Luxembourg for their action and redress.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.