Ms

Luzdoh10
Contributor
Contributor

Over eight weeks ago and more phone calls than I can remember, I changed my Bank Account details and Direct Debit for PayPal payments as I have moved banks.  As PayPal did not stop sending DDs to the old Bank, I kept phoning them and the person, who was always extremely pleasant, would tell me it was all set up, the 1p paid into my new bank, the DD ready - no more problems.  Then PayPal would just carry on taking DDs from the old account I had closed. I would phone again, same thing.... and next I got texts from my old bank saying they had returned a DD because of no funds.  I looked and PayPal were STILL asking my old bank so I phoned, they said sorry and it would be ok.  And then again I got texts from my old bank saying they had returned a DD because of no funds.  I looked and PayPal were STILL asking my old bank so I phoned, they said sorry and it would be ok...... eventually I was being threatened by my old bank that i was being given a poor credit rating YET PAYPAL HAD ACCESS TO MY NEW BANK AND THERE WERE FUNDS THERE AS WELL AS MY BACK-UP CREDIT CARD!  I phoned PP and Tony answered and told me it was my own fault!  I had not removed the HSBC from my list.  I said it wouldn't go.  He tried.  He said "It won't go because You are in negative payment"  I said "I had to make a manual payment BUT Because PP asked the DD from the wrong account, the one I told them over and over again is closed and they could easily have taken payment from the new bank.  I have checked the new bank and th DD has been waiting to be used since 30 July. (this was 20 Sept)" I was interrupted by Tony and he was rude .. Apparently I can't move my HSBC account because PayPal keep erroneously using it hence putting me in negative payment and also if I have a payment pending it can't be moved but the payments pending are not supposed to be taken from that bank.  Anyway, what right has Tony to say it's my fault and then the system's fault and be so rude?  Isn't he supposed to fix it?  I've been a brilliant customer for some years and always paid never had problems only when PayPal did something wrong.  I am stuck in a catch 22.  No one from PayPal has come forward to help.  I have tried to send two complaints but I don't get a reply.  Shall I just go and jump off a high bridge?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.