Moving abroad

vladimirbotez
New Community Member

Hello

I have recently moved from Israel to Canada. 

I have a Canadian bank account that I would like to add to my PayPal account.

I need to withdraw money from the PayPal account to my Canadian bank account, anybody has any idea how?

If i close my PayPal account to open another one, what will happen to my funds there?

Thanks for the help 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@vladimirbotez 

Need to open a PayPal Canada account. Once you have that set up with Canadian billing address and financial information (bank/credit card, etc), then PayPal the money to yourself from the Israel acct to the Canada account as personal payment. There may be currency conversion fees and cross border fees. PayPal accounts are country specific and are not globally mobile as each country has their own laws that apply to PayPal account by country. So, like bank accounts, you have to close it and take your money with you when you move to different country of residence.

PayPal Canada

If you still maintain a residence in Israel, you may keep it open, if not you can close it after you PayPal yourself the money to canada account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.