Money still in my bank account?

brunosmith
New Community Member

I sent my friend money and she confirmed it came into her account, but it's still not come out of my bank account after 4 days. I had previously cancelled my direct debit to PayPal, hesitating after I thought the transactions were unauthorised, but I have since reset it but the money I have sent has not come out of my bank account at all. 

If someone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@brunosmith 

Normally when you pay someone paypal will credit that person and paypal will take the wait for the funds to transfer, the funds can leave your bank account from a few hours up to a few days later.

Did you set up the direct debit again? Only if so then paypal if the first time fails will try a few days later and if that fails again they will put your account into negative and try your back up card if you have one linked.

Think you need to 'wait and see' and go from there.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@brunosmith 

Normally when you pay someone paypal will credit that person and paypal will take the wait for the funds to transfer, the funds can leave your bank account from a few hours up to a few days later.

Did you set up the direct debit again? Only if so then paypal if the first time fails will try a few days later and if that fails again they will put your account into negative and try your back up card if you have one linked.

Think you need to 'wait and see' and go from there.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.