Money sent from friends account to my account on hold?

tmbajagold
Contributor
Contributor
This is a lawsuit waiting to happen, the money was sent from a friend account after a charge was already made from PayPal on the funds. I simply received the money in this account as a friend to friend transaction to deposit in the bank? PayPal is holding the funds for no specific reason which doesn't meet their policy for friend to friend transactions? Why is this happening? We've copied this message for our attorney review!
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tmbajagold 

All transactions are subject to be singled out for a routine review (which may take up to 72 hours), a formality, perhaps checking funding source of payment, sender's account history and sometimes people send commercial payment in error and it ends up being subject to PayPal's 21 day funds availability hold.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tmbajagold 

All transactions are subject to be singled out for a routine review (which may take up to 72 hours), a formality, perhaps checking funding source of payment, sender's account history and sometimes people send commercial payment in error and it ends up being subject to PayPal's 21 day funds availability hold.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.