Money send and receive

Becky0817
New Community Member
I had a friend send me money it was supposed to go to friends and family not too good and services and now it's in goods and services they've charged me for being a pass it on hold for 24 hours is there anyway I can change that I need some help I need to get this money cuz I my friend sent it to me cuz I need it and I don't understand why they put it on hold and why they taking the service fee out and why it's not being to friends and family and it's being sent to goods and services I'm not selling nothing my friends not buying nothing somebody help me
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Becky0817 

Its down to how the payment was SENT to your account.

1. If they sent using money > goods / services option then paypal would see you as a seller and apply the new seller hold. They would also charge you a fee.

2. If they had sent using the send money > family / friends option then you would have had the payment instantly with no fee. (However that option is not available in every country).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Becky0817 

Its down to how the payment was SENT to your account.

1. If they sent using money > goods / services option then paypal would see you as a seller and apply the new seller hold. They would also charge you a fee.

2. If they had sent using the send money > family / friends option then you would have had the payment instantly with no fee. (However that option is not available in every country).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.