Money retrieval with gift scratch card

charlottenolan1
New Community Member

Hi there, I have money on hold in my paypal account for an item I sold on ebay recently. I believe that I need to purchase the gift scratch card to have the money then transferred to me. Does anyone know about this? I am also very concerned about the reliability of receiving the money by using my own money to obtain the money sent to me!

I did receive emails from Paypal informing me the money was in my account when the buyer emailed me to say they had transferred it, so that was good and they also explained the security reason as to why the money is placed on hold and needs retrieving this way. I have been emailing Paypal on email address onlinepaymentservicealert.com and although they provide reassurance the emails seem very general and generic and the lack of personal assistance isn't providing me with the needed reassurance. I plan to obtain the money on Friday, once I have the cash I need to unlock it. I also have no idea of the procedure of obtaining the gift card....

Can someone please advise!

With much thanks and appreciate, Charlotte 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_david

Hey Charlottenolan1.

Welcome to the Community!

We would never advise that a gift card would need to be purchased in order for you to access funds on your PayPal account.

If funds are pending on your account, you would still be able to see the transaction through the 'Activity' page on PayPal. You should only post the item to the address that is showing on the PayPal transaction details page and this will help to ensure that you are covered under our Seller Protection Policy. You can find more information on this here https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/paypal-safety-and-security.

I hope this helps.
David. 

Login to Me Too

Jennatrannn
Contributor
Contributor
This just happened to me today, they stole a total of $800 dollars from me. Is there a way I can do so and get my money back?
Login to Me Too

paul_tanico
New Community Member

Somebody just did the same thing to me! Told me it was for them, who lives in Alabama, but the "confirmed buyer address" was in Pennsylvania. offered me a total of $1,000, and I almost jumped out of my seat! Thankfully, I thought twice and had a really good feeling of it being a scam. Luckily, I found this post! if it's too good to be true, it usually is lol

Login to Me Too

Amhersh
New Community Member
This happened to me today. Fortunately I clicked the links in the emails and googled to find this article before I purchased the gift card. Scammers 🤦🏻‍♀️
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.