Money put on hold

TomBickley
Contributor
Contributor

Several months ago I started selling items on eBay, so having money put on hold because I'm a new seller isn't the reason. Some payments have been automatically put on hold for no reason. I've provided tracking, and for some transactions, it shows that it's been delivered 2 business days ago, and yet PayPal still hasn't released my money. In some cases, I have buyers who have left positive feedback although RoyalMail tracking hasn't been updated at all for long and doubt if it will. I've been trying to contact PayPal through their messages hub for hours, to not receive a single response back after sending a detailed message over 16 hours ago. As a small seller, I need the money on hold because I can't be forking out money from my own pocket to pay for postage when I pay the ridiculous companies eBay and PayPal such high selling fees. Any recommendations on what to do, and maybe on how to get a hold of PayPal?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TomBickley 

Its not releasing because RM hasn't been updating their delivery status on tracking. PayPal uses that to confirm and release funds. Feedback doesn't count into it.

If you are experiencing delayed funds availability, here are some shipping tips that may help you get your payment sooner:

• Add tracking information: If you provide tracking information from one of PayPal’s supported carriers in the transaction details page, your payment should be available 1 day after PayPal can confirm the delivery date. 

• No Shipping Info: If your item doesn't need to be shipped (e-books, piano lessons, etc.), mark the order as Processed and provide the required details.

• Buyer confirmation: A buyer will receive a notification email once you've uploaded the tracking number. When your buyer confirms they've received the item, the payment will be released immediately. (You can also ask buyer to confirm receipt sending them the steps below.)

Here’s how (These options may not be available for some countries):

Seller/Recipient: Add tracking information, FIRST:

1. Click Activity at the top of the page.

2. Find and click the original payment for the item or service.

3. Click Add Tracking Info.

4. Select an Order Status: Processed or Shipped with or without tracking info.

Buyer/Sender: To confirm you've received an item:

1. Go to Activity.
  2. Find and click the original payment for the item.
  3. Click Confirm receipt.
  4. Click Yes to confirm that you received the order.

Note: Not all purchases require receipt confirmation.

If buyer/sender does not confirm receipt, you may have to wait up to 21 days for PayPal to release funds.

PRO TIP: You should always have a plan to fund shipping expenses to fulfill orders if not, you won't make it in the face of these holds. Customers will be clamoring for their money back. Put the expenses on your credit card that has rewards so then you can earn points while paying it when the funds are released.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TomBickley 

Its not releasing because RM hasn't been updating their delivery status on tracking. PayPal uses that to confirm and release funds. Feedback doesn't count into it.

If you are experiencing delayed funds availability, here are some shipping tips that may help you get your payment sooner:

• Add tracking information: If you provide tracking information from one of PayPal’s supported carriers in the transaction details page, your payment should be available 1 day after PayPal can confirm the delivery date. 

• No Shipping Info: If your item doesn't need to be shipped (e-books, piano lessons, etc.), mark the order as Processed and provide the required details.

• Buyer confirmation: A buyer will receive a notification email once you've uploaded the tracking number. When your buyer confirms they've received the item, the payment will be released immediately. (You can also ask buyer to confirm receipt sending them the steps below.)

Here’s how (These options may not be available for some countries):

Seller/Recipient: Add tracking information, FIRST:

1. Click Activity at the top of the page.

2. Find and click the original payment for the item or service.

3. Click Add Tracking Info.

4. Select an Order Status: Processed or Shipped with or without tracking info.

Buyer/Sender: To confirm you've received an item:

1. Go to Activity.
  2. Find and click the original payment for the item.
  3. Click Confirm receipt.
  4. Click Yes to confirm that you received the order.

Note: Not all purchases require receipt confirmation.

If buyer/sender does not confirm receipt, you may have to wait up to 21 days for PayPal to release funds.

PRO TIP: You should always have a plan to fund shipping expenses to fulfill orders if not, you won't make it in the face of these holds. Customers will be clamoring for their money back. Put the expenses on your credit card that has rewards so then you can earn points while paying it when the funds are released.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

TomBickley
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your response. Although, some show on the RoyalMail website as delivered and PayPal still hasn't released the funds, so it's definitely not RoyalMail's issue, is it? 

Login to Me Too

Mr_SAAB
New Community Member

I have exactly the same problem, only difference is, that I`ve been over 10 years on PayPal and on Ebay with 100% positive feedback and without a single dispute. That kind of action ruins my business and reduces my will to use PayPal as a payment method. 
As you understand then I`m not qualifying to the PayPal set rules regarding the "put the money on hold" in what so ever point. So for me it`s not understandable why they want to kill my business instead of supporting loyal and reliable customers on PayPal?   
Does anybody know the golden key how to solve the problem?

PS. PayPal has not answered to my messages, also. And the secondly, they have hold my money already 72 hours after the buyer received the goods - I sent them full tracking statement as an evidence - zero respond and zero releasing so far. Disappointment³... 

Login to Me Too

Mamma710
Contributor
Contributor
They’re just a bunch of **bleep** who can do it because they know we can’t do anything about it. Imagine the interest they make on the millions of dollars of our money that’s just sitting in their bank and this is where the yearly bonuses come from our misery.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.