Money on hold

rashidyafei
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered custom items in 2019 and i paid on PayPal. After a year of waiting for my custom item. there was accident happened with the maker and he lost my items and he decided to refund my money. And now that amount is on hold in my account and i cant release it. Its says 7 days for verification. I don’t understand. Please advice.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rashidyafei 

Because a seller can only use the 'refund' option for up to 180 days then you are probably over that time frame?

If so then they would have to 'send' the money as a 'goods/services' payment as I don't think you can accept a friends/family payment in your country.

So if they send it as goods/services then paypal see it as a payment for goods as subject you to the new seller hold.

You can try marking it as shipped or processed and the sender may have the option to confirm receipt, if they do then funds would be released 7 days later if not you would have to wait 21 days.  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rashidyafei 

Because a seller can only use the 'refund' option for up to 180 days then you are probably over that time frame?

If so then they would have to 'send' the money as a 'goods/services' payment as I don't think you can accept a friends/family payment in your country.

So if they send it as goods/services then paypal see it as a payment for goods as subject you to the new seller hold.

You can try marking it as shipped or processed and the sender may have the option to confirm receipt, if they do then funds would be released 7 days later if not you would have to wait 21 days.  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.