Money on hold

Heff1157
Contributor
Contributor
I use PayPal so people can pay me after I plow there driveway. One person sent the money as goods and PayPal has a hold on it because I never sold anything. I’ve told them more than once that I did not send him anything that it was for services rendered and they don’t give a flying you know what. Is there anything I can do to get my $96
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Heff1157 

Just looked up Zelle, not sure you will get many buyers using it as............

If you don’t know the person, or aren’t sure you will get what you paid for (for example, items bought from an on-line bidding or sales site), we recommend you do not use Zelle for these types of transactions. 

So have fun selling that way  🤣

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Heff1157
Contributor
Contributor
And Thank you for any advice. I know one thing this is the last time I ever use PayPal. Again thank you and happy new year
Login to Me Too

Heff1157
Contributor
Contributor
And I’ve had my account for over a year!!!!!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Heff1157 

You pay a fee to paypal for any payments sent for goods AND SERVICES.

As you are receiving a payment for a services then you are subject to paying a fee and the new seller hold as per link.

https://www.paypal.com/us/brc/article/funds-availability

You risk your account being permanently limited if you are selling a service and asking your buyers to pay using the friends/family option.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Heff1157
Contributor
Contributor
Whoever said anything about a fee. I paid the fee it came out of money they sent.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Heff1157 

ok, your welcome !

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Heff1157
Contributor
Contributor
Oh mighty “Esteemed Advisor” thank you for taking time out of your day. AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!! Like I said, I’m done with PayPal and their BS. ZELLE IS THE WAY!!!!
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Heff1157 

Just looked up Zelle, not sure you will get many buyers using it as............

If you don’t know the person, or aren’t sure you will get what you paid for (for example, items bought from an on-line bidding or sales site), we recommend you do not use Zelle for these types of transactions. 

So have fun selling that way  🤣

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.