Money on hold

JohannKennel
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, A friend of mine sent me money via PayPal. Because he did not have a PayPal account, I made a request so it was easier for him. I got the money, but it’s on hold, PayPal asking me to prove that I sold something. But it’s just money to help, I did not sell nothing. What can I do to get the money? Plus my friend sent me $200 and I only got $190. Please help, I need the money right now 🙏
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JohannKennel 

There are friends/family payments sent by the person sending the 'gift' .

Or there are goods/services payments sent by the seller via a money request or invoice.

You sent a money request which is a goods/services payment and so its on hold as paypal have seen you as a new seller and also charged you a fee.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JohannKennel 

There are friends/family payments sent by the person sending the 'gift' .

Or there are goods/services payments sent by the seller via a money request or invoice.

You sent a money request which is a goods/services payment and so its on hold as paypal have seen you as a new seller and also charged you a fee.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

maria-maria-
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. To the PayPal user who answered this question - I'm a new seller. Is that hold only placed on incoming funds, as a new seller, once or for a short period of time? Does that eventually stop happening once I am not longer a new seller?

Thank you!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.