Money on hold

mengwei
New Community Member

So I have shipped the item to my friend almost three months ago and we did not figure out a way to transfer the money because we live in a different country. Then, I created a PayPal account yesterday so that he can transfer me the money. However the money is now on hold and I do not have any tracking number to prove that the item has been shipped to him. I have tried making the order status to 'order processed' however my friend told me that he couldn't confirm the receipt and unhold the money. How long is the money on hold for, because rather than trying to contact my friend constantly to try out new ways to make the money unhold, I will just wait until the money is unhold instead.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mengwei 

If you can't provide trackable proof of delivery then you may have to wait the 21 days.

Have you marked the item as shipped? If so then that may open up the option for the buyer to mark it as received and the funds released more quickly.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.