Money on hold

revanth1231

I used paypal for personal transfer, my dad sent me money to help pay for my university fees and its showing my money is on hold for 21 days.

due to debit card limit per day, we are doing 1/3 of the money for 3 days and its my second day. I received an email stating :

We've placed the money on hold because this transaction is inconsistent with your previous selling activity. There's no need for you to do anything and as long as no claims are raised by the buyer, the funds will be automatically released in 21 days.

Cant I get my money any sooner cause I need to pay for residence to live in during covid 19?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

amethyst01
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi revanth1231,

Paypal truly understands the situation you're in and we appreciate your time for bringing this up to us. Transaction may be put on hold for some factors that we need to consider. Paypal implements and ensure that all our customers' transactions are secure. Good news is you can advise the sender to confirm the receipt of transaction and hold will be released immediately. Hope this helps. Stay safe.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

revanth1231

i used paypal.me

Login to Me Too
Solved

amethyst01
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi revanth1231,

Paypal truly understands the situation you're in and we appreciate your time for bringing this up to us. Transaction may be put on hold for some factors that we need to consider. Paypal implements and ensure that all our customers' transactions are secure. Good news is you can advise the sender to confirm the receipt of transaction and hold will be released immediately. Hope this helps. Stay safe.

Login to Me Too

revanth1231

How do they confirm the receipt? Is it a link in an email? or paypal.com?

Login to Me Too

amethyst01
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi revanth1231,

Sending you this instructions on how to confirm the receipt of transaction. Sender needs to log in to their PayPal account first.

Then follow these steps :

1. Click Activity at the top of the page.
  2. Find and click the original payment for the transactiion
  3. Click Confirm receipt.
  4. Click Yes to confirm the receipt of transaction

Login to Me Too

dirkG

these instructions do not work for me. It says the transaction is completed and the only option I have is to archive it

also dear god is the customer service system obfuscatory and useless

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@amethyst01 

It was a friends/family payment from her DAD using a personal paypal.me account so no 21 day hold should be applied should it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

amethyst01
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi,

Thanks for your assistance.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@revanth1231 

No holds for friends/ family payments if your dad used the personal paypal.me link you sent should only be held up to 24 hours at the most.

Your best bet is to go to your paypal account > message centre > and use the email or live chat option to see if they will release the funds for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

dirkG

"live chat" (BOT) does not respond to this situation. just says "your money is on hold. too bad"

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.