Money on hold

Andy0801
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, the money sent to me was a salary for my homebased job and paypal just notified me that my money is on hold and needs to complete requirements to withdraw my money. How would I know if my account is a business or personal account and how can I change it. Thanks for your help
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Andy0801 

It won't matter what account you have (business or personal) if you're receiving payment in exchange for goods and services. You can tell if you have business account if your account settings have business name field and full seller settings and other business features. ("Reports", "Tools" menu tabs).

Click "Add Tracking Info" button on the transaction and select an order status, then ask sender to "confirm receipt" on there end of the transaction to release funds. 

For some countries, the option for sender to "confirm receipt" may not be available so funds will typically be released within 21 days after updating order status.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Andy0801 

It won't matter what account you have (business or personal) if you're receiving payment in exchange for goods and services. You can tell if you have business account if your account settings have business name field and full seller settings and other business features. ("Reports", "Tools" menu tabs).

Click "Add Tracking Info" button on the transaction and select an order status, then ask sender to "confirm receipt" on there end of the transaction to release funds. 

For some countries, the option for sender to "confirm receipt" may not be available so funds will typically be released within 21 days after updating order status.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Andy0801
Contributor
Contributor
Now I understand. Thanks a lot for your help!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.