Money on hold

Pete42
Contributor
Contributor
Good evening, I have received a payment for an item I sold which has been placed on hold. The item was sent with tracking and the tracking number was entered in on paypal the day it was sent. I received an email from Deutsche Post the next day saying the parcel had been delivered. Is it true that my money should be released a day after confirmation of the packages arrival? The buyer has received it according to the mail I've received but my money is still being held. How long does this take normally? Is there something I need to do ? Thank you, Peter Woodward
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Pete42 

PayPal's system has to confirm delivery with the carrier and once they do, then its a day or two from when the system is able to do it, the funds are released.

These carriers are supported for Germany:  Deutsche Post, DHL Express, DHL Packet, DPD, Hermes, UPS

If tracking number is already provided, there's nothing else really to do. It's all automated so have to give it a few days for processing.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Pete42 

PayPal's system has to confirm delivery with the carrier and once they do, then its a day or two from when the system is able to do it, the funds are released.

These carriers are supported for Germany:  Deutsche Post, DHL Express, DHL Packet, DPD, Hermes, UPS

If tracking number is already provided, there's nothing else really to do. It's all automated so have to give it a few days for processing.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.