Money on hold

Jamesbledsoe040
Contributor
Contributor
Ok. I have a friend who sent me money friday. I sent him a money request to his email. Sent the money. He did it as a guest. When he sent it he didnt change it from receiving goods or services to him sending it to a friend or a relative. He didnt see that. He has a PayPal account that he cant get into. When he does the forgot password thing it says in red letters "Sorry, something went wrong on our end. Please try again" so he is unable to login and just confirm that he received anything just so it releases the funds. Theyre on hold till sept 13th. Can someone tell me what to do to get the money released? PayPal has been of no help AT ALL. They said refund the money and have him resend it the right way. But when its refunded it may not clear into his bank for 7 days.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

First, if he's using "Guest Checkout" then he cannot do it as Friends and Family.  Guest Checkout requires a credit card to be used, and would do it as goods and services.

If he can't get into his account that could be one reason it's held.  Maybe he has some sort of an issue with this account..??  He'll need to get that worked out on his end.

If you refund the payment it would go back to his card, but again, he can't send you a F&F payment unless he logs in to a PayPal account. 

Another option would be to just use Venmo.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.