Money on hold

Iverson31
New Community Member

I received money from my aunt in Canada for my birthday gift and it’s on hold. I just created a PayPal account and that was my first transaction. How long will the money be on hold for.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

tugvc8vc88
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, me too

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Iverson31 and @tugvc8vc88,

I'm sorry to hear that the funds in a recently received payment are held. Were the payments marked as Goods and Services payments? If so, the payments will be held for up to 21 days. You may have an option to mark the "goods" for the payment delivered, and then the sender of the payment can mark the goods received. That will speed up release of the payment if the option is there. 

If it's a family member, let them know that the best way to send you a payment where there are no goods involved is to choose the Friends and Family option.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.