cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Money on hold

SOLVED

Re: Money on hold

I had to create a personal PayPal account because a friend from another country transferred a payment for a job I did. However, the payment was for 300 dollars and PayPal automatically charged 15 dollars, and still has my money on hold. I think this is completely unfair. I've read I need to start building a transaction history but how do they expect me to buy anything when they have my funds on hold - and still charge for this service?

Esteemed Advisor

@scancym 

Its down to how the payment was SENT to your account.

1. If they sent using money > goods / services option then paypal would see you as a seller and apply the new seller hold. They would also charge you a fee.

2. If they had sent using the send money > family / friends option then you would have had the payment instantly with no fee. (However that option is not available in every country).

Info on new seller hold below...

https://www.paypal.com/mx/smarthelp/article/FAQ3236

Advice is voluntarily given.
Kudos / Solution appreciated if I helped you.
New Community Member

Thank you! I didn’t know you could do that. I will never accept PayPal for a pickup again. My money still on hold as customer doesn’t know how to use his phone!
Contributor

I’m not a seller of any tangible things. I cannot provide a tracking number or a shipping information. I’m a virtual assistant and I delivered my service. How can I get my money sooner? Please help.
Contributor

When you find out I would like to know.  The buyer of the service has not confirmed it and may not know how.

New Community Member

I was asked to provide a tracking number well after the the item had been sent and received, I did this as requested but still my money is on hold ,

We have been using Paypal Account for years, 22nd July onwards all sales money has been "ON HOLD". I already put shipping information but still its ON HOLD. We are selling balloons product + service shipped with our own vechile so we dont really have tracking no. Our clients are getting confuse and stress whether are they paid or not because the fund is still in their account and they want the product to be deliver on time a schedule. We need to get the money without any delay as delivery will be on the next day itself

Contributor

I totally agree and I have been trying to get my money released over a week now and I have bills to pay with that money! I sell a product I need to get the money to pay it back from my distributor! So when is my money going to be released 2 yrs for now? I did everything to speed it up as they say you are too do? I send tracking number and the package shows delivered and still no release what did I buy a product for a customer for them too keep using my money? I need my investment back? Come On PayPal! Stop you computer from making decision  and pay someone to do it manually! OMG!

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor

@netmaster58 

Should be released when tracking shows the item as delivered + 1 day.

If not give customer services a call and request they release it for you maybe?

Advice is voluntarily given.
Kudos / Solution appreciated if I helped you.
Contributor

Money was released thanks! My bill was coming due today! Wow that was close! 🙂