Money on hold

Samuiel90
New Community Member

Hi I've used ebay for years but recently made my own pay pal and used that for the first to sell something, and my payment is on hold and from what I can read its because I'm a new seller and they hold it till I get a good history? But doesn't say how much or what I need or how long that takes? Just seems a little harsh that I've sold my personal items and sent them to someone else to not receive the money 😑

Login to Me Too
35 REPLIES 35

BrianHast
Contributor
Contributor

Pee Pee deleted my last post.

It is absolutely harsh. The bay's system is based on feedback. It worked. If you side with the buyer on EVERY transaction, it leaves the system ripe to buyer fraud and the system fails. Have been selling on the bay and Pee Pee for over 20 years - I will not sell on the bay ever again if they are going to police every transaction and always side with potentially scammers.

Login to Me Too

Lanewright
I raise dogs. A couple times a year a customer will want to send money thru PayPal. These people pick up their dog at the same time they pay on paypal. Then paypal puts my money on hold??!!! It will take years for me to have a record of 100 customers I dont ship the dogs so I can't use shipping or tracking documents So I'm out a dog and don't get my money for 2 weeks!!!! There is no way for me to be able to continue to use PayPal. This is ridiculous. Basically paypal is using my money (along with others) to gain interest for 2 weeks. This is a ripoff because there isn't even a way for the customer to confirm they received the dog and the sale is final.
Login to Me Too

Spanner36

I have been a PayPal member for many years and I have a Business account. I sold a vehicle for £510 and after PP fees received money on hold of £494. The vehicle was collected on August 1st, but as it was a private sale I cannot provide tracking. I have requested that the buyer contacts PP to release the funds, but he is not replying to my request.

Will PP please assist

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Spanner36 

Personally I think you should never use Paypal for an item that is to be collected or personally delivered as you have 0 seller protection.

Your buyer can collect the item and then file a dispute for non receipt of item. As you would have no tracking number to prove delivery of the item to him then you 'may' lose the dispute.

Personally I would have said cash on collection only and that way you have cash in hand / no wait / no fee / no risk of a dispute.

However to see if you can get your money faster..........

Mark the transaction as processed then the buyer may have the option on their account to mark the transaction as delivery/satisfied. If the buyer confirms this by clicking on the "Confirm Receipt" button, the funds may be released to you sooner. This is not always available or guaranteed. 
If not then sadly its 21 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Spanner36

Thanks for the reply.

How do I mark the transaction as processed?

Login to Me Too

netmaster58
Contributor
Contributor

I totally agree and I have been trying to get my money released over a week now and I have bills to pay with that money! I sell a product I need to get the money to pay it back from my distributor! So when is my money going to be released 2 yrs for now? I did everything to speed it up as they say you are too do? I send tracking number and the package shows delivered and still no release what did I buy a product for a customer for them too keep using my money? I need my investment back? Come On PayPal! Stop you computer from making decision  and pay someone to do it manually! OMG!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@netmaster58 

Should be released when tracking shows the item as delivered + 1 day.

If not give customer services a call and request they release it for you maybe?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

netmaster58
Contributor
Contributor

Money was released thanks! My bill was coming due today! Wow that was close! 🙂

Login to Me Too

Oreomi_92
Contributor
Contributor

@netmaster58 

hi, can i know how long you been on hold and when they release the payment? Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Lanewright
Where do I find a phone number that has a real person to talk to. It seems to me this site does not want small businesses to use it
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.