Money on hold

Rhi34
Contributor
Contributor
I sold an item on eBay it was delivered and signed for the next day. PayPal now say the money is on hold as the transaction is out of the ordinary for the buyer. I feel like I am going to lose my item and the money. Where is my protection as a seller? If I’d known this I would not have posted the item. Does the buyer know I haven’t been paid? The money is showing in my account and I don’t want to argue with him if he’s done nothing wrong. Where do I go from here?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey @Rhi34,

Oh no! Do you see the payment as pending in your PayPal balance? Typically, these holds are a simple security measure, and the funds are released three days after the item is delivered. Is this the case in your situation? How many days have passed since the package was signed for, and have your funds been released if it's past three days? If not, do you have any kind of email or message on the payment explaining when they'll be released to your balance? Please provide any information you can so that the community can help. Thanks!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.