Money on hold

julie379
Contributor
Contributor

I recieved a gift off myfriend and its on hold i am not a seller nor has he sold me anything its just a gift and its in my pending,and says on hold till they recieve the goods.anyone know what to do?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

julie379
Contributor
Contributor
Ok it was just a random security check people thanks for helping

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@julie379

Its down to how the payment was SENT to your account.

1. If they sent using money > goods / services option then paypal would see you as a seller and may impose the new seller hold. They would also charge you a fee.

2. If they had sent using the send money > family / friends option then you would have had the payment instantly. (However that option is not available in every country).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

julie379
Contributor
Contributor

Hi thanks for helping. My friend said he sent it friends and family, but to be sure is there any way we can check this

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@julie379

Click on the transaction in your paypal account and see if you were charged a fee on that details page.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

julie379
Contributor
Contributor
Just says £50 pending
Login to Me Too
Solved

julie379
Contributor
Contributor
Ok it was just a random security check people thanks for helping
Login to Me Too

Georgeconnolly8
New Community Member
I received a payment from a customer and the payment has been put on hold in my PayPal account and I need the money so I want to know how to get it
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.