Money on hold or pending!

Cattcarrx
Contributor
Contributor
I've recieved some money into my PayPal which isn't for the sale of a product or anything so cant give shipping details. Why is my money on hold? What can I do to lift this? I also sent some money via Ebay for some clothes and the money has been taken from my bank but the lady who sold the clothes saying shes still awaiting payment! Surely this isn't on! What are you doing with my money?!?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Cattcarrx 

'We' aren't doing anything so a please would have been nice.

Its down to how the payment was SENT to your account.

A. If they sent using money > goods / services option then paypal would see you as a seller and apply the new seller hold. They would also charge you a fee.
B. If they had sent using the send money > family / friends option then you would have had the payment instantly with no fee. (However that option is not available in every country).

What does it say next to the transaction in your Paypal account?

1. Pending / Unclaimed.
2. Pending / Unclaimed with a cancel option.
3. Completed / Sent.
4. Pending / Uncleared.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Cattcarrx
Contributor
Contributor
I apologise my manners were appalling I didn't think an actual person responded was expecting an automated response. A fee has been taken from the money which is hold. How long does a new seller hold usually last? It does say 'on hold' and 'payment recieved'. Thank you for your help
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Cattcarrx 

Thats ok but this is a 'user to user' help forum and not Paypal customer services so we have nothing to do with Paypal...thank goodness. Smiley Wink

Info in link below on UK paypal hold.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/why-are-my-payments-for-non-ebay-sales-pending-and-how-c...

But basically its released when tracking shows delivery of the item + 1 day OR 21 days if no tracking supplied.

The actual new seller hold goes on until Paypal think you have built up a reasonable 'seller reputation'.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.