Money on hold for 2+ months!

ndiverr
Contributor
Contributor

Hey there,

So a reserve was placed on my account on the 29th of March. In the email they stated that they placed a rolling reserve and a collateral reserve.

Spoiler
Screenshot emailGAlNbg

I decided to call Paypal a month later after this to request a review for the collateral reserve because the email said I would be eligible for a review 30 days after that email. They said they'd take a look and that I'd receive an email.

A week passed and nothing happened. I then sent them an email instead through the Paypal website, asking for a review again.

They replied to that email saying that they've requested to have my reserves reviewed and that I'd receive another email soon.

Spoiler
Screenshot emailKINcmc

Weeks later, still no email. I called them again to ask about the reserves. I forgot which day I called them but they said they received my case 1 day before the call and told me again that I should receive an email soon about it. That call was 2-3 weeks ago.

It's the 15th of June now and still nothing.

What I also find weird is when I check the current reserves on my PayPal account, it only says that there's a rolling reserve.

Spoiler
ScreenshotMRMOnh

But when I click on 'My reserves balance', it says there's a minimum reserve of $6000 still.

Is the $6k minimum reserve even supposed to still be on my account? Is this a glitch or something?

Spoiler
Screenshot0f89o2

I've been trying to get this minimum reserve removed or reduced for so long. I don't understand what's taking Paypal so long.

It's a large amount of my money that they're holding. I only have about $1k available because of this reserve.

Can someone please help me resolve this issue?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ndiverr 

Have a read:

https://www.paypal.com/be/smarthelp/article/what-are-reserves-faq2371

PayPal sticks to policy if anything. Follow the Seller best practices they've got outlined and everything will and should fall into place.  No one here knows your business model to crunch the numbers so the advice would be kinda useless (other than telling you to call PayPal again and again to put the pressure on) if PayPal looks at your account and feel otherwise.

To contact PayPal for further assistance and follow up:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

Or private message via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.