Money on hold and why

katriinam
New Community Member
Morning ! I’m new to PayPal, hence my question. Today I received some money from a friend to buy something before traveling and visit her. The money she sent has been put on hold and I was just wondering how could I quicker the process to receive money on my account? ” It's just temporarily not available to use until your buyer has received the item they ordered in the condition promised”. Of course, I didn’t send her anything, so I’m a bit confused about what to do and how to prove it. Thank you and sorry for such a dumb question.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Euromerch
New Community Member

You can try and call PayPal during normal business hours and confirm the receipt of the monies (check email as well). It can also be that you are new to PayPal and that they need additional information from you and/or the sender. Temporary holds could be anywhere from 14-21 days. Goodluck!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@katriinam 

As you have not added your country to your community profile or said in your post then we can't help (Paypal varies a lot country to country).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.