Money on hold? I didn't ship anything...

dork65
New Community Member

Hi,

I provide online services, and I usually get paid via Paypal. I had an issue with my old account and had to create a new one. However, when I recieve money for my services, Paypal puts the money on hold because of "shipping". I don't ship anything...

Is there anyway I can get through to Paypal that I'm not shipping anything, and receive the money for services I already provided..? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
What issue do you have with your old account? That's a red flag, and PayPal's system will see that.

When creating a new account in general you will have to go through some initial holds. Once you've built up a bit of a reputation under the new account those holds will go away.

Without a tracking number, though, it's tough to prove you've delivered your service, so unfortunately you may just need to wait it out (or fix your original account).

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
What issue do you have with your old account? That's a red flag, and PayPal's system will see that.

When creating a new account in general you will have to go through some initial holds. Once you've built up a bit of a reputation under the new account those holds will go away.

Without a tracking number, though, it's tough to prove you've delivered your service, so unfortunately you may just need to wait it out (or fix your original account).

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Rose62
Contributor
Contributor
Nothing shows pending, just on hold. Not new been with this same account 4 yrs
Login to Me Too

sapphrixrain
New Community Member
Have your problem been solved? I’m having this problem too and my money is still on hold.
Login to Me Too

Rose62
Contributor
Contributor
Im also in same boat. Any way to avoid this?
Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

go into the transaction detail to see if yo can check -no shipping required.

Or

mail a thank you card with tracking 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.