Money on hold - Good evaluation

JBB4
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I would like to understand why the payment I recieved from a buyer is on hold. I understand that Paypal wants to protect the buyer, but since I recieved a positiv evaluation for this transaction, why can’t they release the money? FYI, I emailed Paypal + EBay to inform them about the situation, and they never answered. Is there a way to solve this issue? Thanks
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JBB4 

Ebay and Paypal are 2 separate companies and have 2 separate policies for holding funds for 'new sellers'.

If yours was an Ebay transaction then its an Ebay hold and Ebay authorise when paypal can release the funds.
Feedback does not count for payment release.

Normally for Ebays hold funds are released when tracking shows the item as delivered + 1 days (if you use Ebay / paypal postage).

Info in this Ebay link below about Ebays hold.
http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/payments-and-fees/funds-availability.html

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JBB4 

Ebay and Paypal are 2 separate companies and have 2 separate policies for holding funds for 'new sellers'.

If yours was an Ebay transaction then its an Ebay hold and Ebay authorise when paypal can release the funds.
Feedback does not count for payment release.

Normally for Ebays hold funds are released when tracking shows the item as delivered + 1 days (if you use Ebay / paypal postage).

Info in this Ebay link below about Ebays hold.
http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/payments-and-fees/funds-availability.html

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Pppppiiiii
Contributor
Contributor
I am not a new seller and have a perfect seller record. No change in selling or amount. They have my money on hold and I cannot get any answer. They have lied to me, left me on phone hold for over an hour. I explained to many employees at PayPal that I don’t have the money to ship because my husband has been in the hospital and just had his leg amputated and he is a veteran. They could care less about my situation. I asked them to explain why they were holding my money and all they say is to provide tracking information. I would think they would evaluate each case on its own merits but NO. Even if I had the money to ship, I don’t know if they would release the funds before the 21 day?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.