Money on hold ~19 hours??

Laurynas___
New Community Member

I got ~ 40 Eur from friend (From Paypal). I wanted to buy some Steam Games because Steam Sale and my money on hold. Its saying "We noticed something unusual with this payment. To protect your account, we’re taking a closer look for 24 hours. There’s no action needed.". WTF?? "something unusual" because my friend gave me some money to buy some games?? Please give me my money back. Steam Summer Sale will over soon. Its about 19 hrs, still no reply from support, still on hold

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Lozjm87
Contributor
Contributor

if its your 1st payment on your account or more than you usually receive then payment is on hold for 72 hrs after that should be fine unless your start getting regular payment then some can be on hold for 24 hrs

Login to Me Too

Pearldg007
Contributor
Contributor
Hello! I also have the same problem! This is my new account and my sister sent me 500 usd and it’s on hold. The same message too. Something unusual and they’ll check if for 24 hours. Did you get the money after 24 hours?
Login to Me Too

Trillhereagain
Contributor
Contributor
Please let me know ASAP mines just said this can I get it sooner and did you after to wait the whole 24 hours ?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Trillhereagain and everyone,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you're running into some issues with funds on hold. Depending on the type of transaction, there may be a few different reasons for the hold. I'd recommend reviewing the following Help Center articles for further assistance:

Why is my payment on hold or unavailable?

How can I release my payment(s) on hold?

Why is my withdrawal from PayPal on hold?

I hope that helps!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

brayor
New Community Member
How can I get the money sooner
Login to Me Too

Mariaaagrazia
New Community Member
Hey I’m having this issue right now also. Did it work after 24 hrs?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.