Money on Hold

Rhaegar386
Contributor
Contributor
My girlfriend owed me 100.00$ she sent it to me via PayPal but thought I would get it faster if she did a business transaction I think she said anyway my money is on hold and there isn’t anything I have to send her the transaction is complete but my money still held please helppppp
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rhaegar386 

Its down to how the payment was SENT to your account.

1. If they sent using money > goods / services option then paypal would see you as a seller and apply the new seller hold. They would also charge you a fee.

2. If they had sent using the send money > family / friends option then you would have had the payment instantly with no fee. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Rhaegar386
Contributor
Contributor
So if she sent it as goods and services although there isn’t any goods or services being sold what would be the best way to go about fixing this so the funds are released
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rhaegar386 

Try marking the item as shipped in the PayPal transaction details, and that should open up the capability for the sender to go into the transaction details on their side, and acknowledge receipt of the item. That ''may'' allow the payment to be completed more quickly.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.