Money on Hold

SchraderandSons
Contributor
Contributor

I didn't sell anything on ebay, and PayPal holds over $1000.00 of the transaction? "Industry Standard"? Industry standard, where I'm doing business, is a max of 3 days. Not a month. Which I was told should be less than 21 days. In any case, when the customer themselves, keys in THEIR OWN INFORMATION, there is absolutely no reason for a hold. At all. None. Of course, PayPal just gives me the run around. I guess it's ok for piddly little transactions, nothing more. Whatever.

While sharpiemarker had a good suggestion, the point the I did not sell anything on ebay, was missed. Therefore,

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @SchraderandSons,

I'm sorry to hear that your payments are held. Delayed funds availability is where payments are held in their entirety for 21 days, and are released sooner once the item is delivered. This is not just applicable to eBay payments, but would also apply to payments that are received outside of eBay, through PayPal.

You mentioned that $1000 was held and that it has been more than 21 days. Was that a portion of the transaction? If so, it may be that you're experiencing reserves instead, which is a different program.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I hope this information helps clarify.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.